Chief Media Correspondent
1 Southwark Bridge,
Tel: 0207 775 6839
9 March 2013
As promised at our meeting of 8th March, I send you additional information relating to Piers Morgan, the Blairs, the police, the Leveson Inquiry and myself. The details of the new material and the material I supplied to you when we met are listed below.
If you want to expose Trinity Mirror I have provided you with all the evidence you need to demonstrate their abuse of members of the public, the committing of criminal acts through the receipt of information from the police illegally by the Mirror, probable perjury before Leveson by Morgan and Jeff Edwards and the wilful suppression of evidence by the police of police supplying information illegally to the Mirror. In addition, you have the wider story of the Blairs attempting to prosecute me for crimes they must have known were bogus and their subsequently use of the security services and Special Branch to harass me.
Please keep these facts firmly in front of you:
1. There was so little substance to the Blairs’ complaints against me that the police never contacted me about them, while the CPS rejected the complaint within hours of receiving it with a firm “No Crime”.
2. The Blairs did not go to the police when I sent them the letters, but only after I had circulated copies of my letters to them and the replies I received at the beginning of the 1997 General Election Campaign.
3. The Blairs failed to take any civil law action against me even though that has only the balance of probability evidential test.
4. At no time did I threaten directly or by implication either of the Blairs, nor did I ever attempt to physically approach them.
5. Despite being deemed innocent of any crime and despite never having threatened either of the Blairs, Special Branch and MI5 were set upon me.
6. I made various complaints to the police relating to the Mirror and the Blairs. None were meaningfully investigated. The most blatant example was the failure of Det Supt Jeff Curtis of Scotland Yard to claim that he had investigated my complaint relating to the Piers Morgan admission of receiving information from the police without interviewing anyone at the Mirror or looking at their accounts for evidence of payments to the police.
7. The harassment I suffered after the Blairs failed to have me investigated in March 1997 lasted for the entire Blair premiership and ended once he was out of office.
If you want me to write an article for the FT on any aspect of the business I shall be happy to do so.
Schedule of documents supplied to Rob Budden
At our meeting on 8th March I supplied you with the following in paper form:
1. A copy of Is it in the blood? as it was printed.
2. Copies of the Mirror and Daily Herald stories relating to the Blairs and me dated 25 3 1997.
3. A copy of Piers Morgan’s letter to the PCC dated 16 October 1997 in which he admits to receiving information from the police in circumstances which can only have been illegal.
4. Copies of the correspondence between the PCC and Mike Jempson of Presswise on my behalf relating to my complaints against the Mirror and Daily Herald following the stories of 25 3 1997.
5. A copy of Sir Richard Body’s EDM of detailing the harassment I was subject to after the Blairs’ attempt to have me prosecuted during the 1997 General Election campaign failed.
Copies of documents supplied 9 3 2013 via email in digital form (Wordfile)
1. The version of the Wisden Cricket Monthly article Is it in the blood? as I sent it to David Frith with supporting documents – see wordfile IsitinthebloodFT.docx
2. My initial submission to the Leveson Inquiry including original attachments (sent by separate email).
3. Details of Piers Morgan’s perjury before Leveson – see wordfile piersmorganperjury.docx
4. Details of Jeff Edwards perjury before Leveson – see wordfile jeffedwardsperjury.docx
5. File relating to Robert Jay’s inept questioning – see wordfile LevesonRobertJay.docx
6. My complaints to Operation Elveden regarding Morgan and Edwards’ receipt of information about me illicitly supplied by the police to the Mirror and Morgan and Edwards – see wordfile OperationElvedensubmissionFT.docx