Our Invisible Hand
Which art in the Market,
Hallowed be Thy name .
Thy economic Kingdom come
Thy will be done In Earth,
As it is in the Chicago School textbooks.
Give us this day our daily profit
And forgive us our losses,
But allow us to dun
Those who debt against us.
Lead us not into protectionist temptation
And deliver us from state intervention
For Thine is the economic kingdom
and the Market power and selfish glory
For ever and ever
Exodus from reason verses 1-17 King James’ version
1. And God Market spake all these words, saying:
2. I am the Lord thy God Market, which have brought thee out of the land of national interest, out of the house of safety.
3.Thou shalt have no gods before me.
4. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image of state intervention or any likeness of anything that is in the theoretical imagined market above or that is in the market on earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5. Thou shalt not not bow down down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God., visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and foruth generation of them that hate me:
6. And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my market commandments.
7. Thou shall not take the name of the Lord thy God Market in vain; for the Lord Market will not hold him guiltless who taketh His name in vain.
8. Remember the trading day, to keep it wholly profitable.
9. Six days shalt thou labour, and make all thy profit unless that profit is not enough
10. But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God Market: in it thou shalt not do any work, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates except when there is profit in it.
11. For in the six days the Lord Market made the Adam Smith, the Manchester School and free trade , the open borders for goods and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord Market blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it for the purpose of counting money. .
12. Honour thy wealth and thy economic advantage that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord Market giveth thee.
13. Thou shalt not kill and get found out.
14. Thou shalt steal if thou can get away with it legally.
15. Thou shalt commit adultery with the power money gives you.
16. Thou shalt bear false witness against thy neighbour when there is profit in it.
17. Thy shalt covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt covet thy neighbour’s wife provided she is fit, and his manservant and his
maidservant provided she is fit, and his ox, his ass and anything that is thy neighbour’s.